Friday, February 17, 2012

Sweetheart Ripple Afghan for Baby Natalia

Ever since I saw this pattern a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to make it!! I tried a couple times to get started but I just didn't have the desire to make something so big for myself, I need instant gratification so I usually work on small projects like booties, beanies, scarves, and accessories.

A little over 3 years ago, I found out I was pregnant and I was super excited because I got to make all these cute things for MY baby instead of everyone elses. On top of that, I get to do the cute Sweetheart Ripple afghan. Well I found out I was having a boy, so I ended up doing this blanket, which is something totally different and boyish. My hubby thought the Sweetheart one was too girlly.

So 6 months ago we found out I was pregnant again, and this time for sure I knew I was having a girl. From the beginning I knew, don't ask how but I just knew. So I started working on the Sweetheart Ripple. Here is my progress so far.


I am really hoping to finish this by May 27 because that is when my little Natalia Rose is due. 
Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a blanket like this! It's really beautiful :)
    I hope your little girl loves it x

    ReplyDelete