Saturday, June 16, 2012

DIY: Super Easy Burp Cloth Tutorial

Ok so I think every baby deserves something hand made with them in mind. So I when my friends or family go into labor I always do burp cloths. Trust me you can never have enough burp cloths. A friend went into labor and so I whipped these up real quick and took pictures so you can see my process. It does require a serger, if you don't have one you can just use a zig-zag stitch all the way around.
 I purchased those fat quarters from Joanns. Well actually my son picked this bunch out and *paid* for it (he gave the cashier my debit card. I ironed it nice and flat.
 Folded it in half and cut it length wise.
 Then I cut the same shape out of terry cloth and ironed it.
 I pinned the two together WRONG SIDES FACING and rounded the edges.
 I just went over the edges with my serger.
 Sewed on my tag and viola, you are done. I made 3 of them for the gift set.
Here are all three.
This shows the underside.
This is nicely folded and wrapped with some pretty ribbon.

Leave me a comment if you have any questions or suggestions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment